Thursday, June 08, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,
Turn to Blessed St.Paul's first letter to the Corinthians for a moment, chapter 15, verse 33
Be not deceived : evil communications corrupt good manners.
There is a Latin proverb which says: ' If you always live with those who are lame, you will yourself learn to limp'
Reading this today reminded me of my time as a Manager with the ANZ Bank in Melbourne, in the Information Technology department. We had open plan offices, so the whole day I was exposed to my Senior Manager swearing and cursing and using other foul language. It got so bad that at one stage when I was annoyed with something I resorted to use one of these words. It did shock me and I had to pray for forgiveness. Then I went to see the General Manager of the Project and I explained that I had difficulty with the language of my Senior Manager. Finally something was being done about it. So... as a committed Catholic Christian there is this enormous challenge to be Holy, no matter in which company you will find yourself. You cannot do this alone, this is a matter of solid Prayer.
So may we pray:' Lord make me Holy, as Thou art Holy.
May the Lord bless you today,
Ed Bakker

No comments: