Saturday, July 01, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,
Lord I am not worthy....


When we say, "Lord, I am not worthy," in Mass, we are speaking a fundamental truth. Alone we are nothing, nothing but the dust to which we shall return. But His love makes us lovable, and His worthiness makes each of us worthy.
So, each time we say in Mass, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and I shall be healed," we can be absolutely certain of the truth of it. We shall be healed and that healing shall make us worthy to be received under His roof. If we are unworthy to receive Him, then how much more unworthy are we to be received by Him? Except – He loves us and His love makes us worthy. Always remember, by myself – unworthy and faulty; with Him – a daughter or son by adoption and made worthy.
Praise God for this great gift, brought forth from the death and resurrection of Jesus and from the love of the Father and Son. The comforter, the healer, the Paraclete, the companion, the one who teaches us the words to seek – the Holy Spirit of God, third person of the Blessed Trinity, indwelling spirit of Love.

May I wish you all a Blessed weekend.

Ed Bakker

No comments: