Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saint Hilary, B.D


Friends in Christ,
Off late I seem to have an increased number of business contacts in China. Discussions via chatboxes and Skype are indeed very pleasant. But I have noticed from coversations that young people, especially are looking for a spiritual side of life, because basically the Chinese only have their history to fall back on. The Traditional Anglican Church, of which I am a member does operate in Japan and South Korea, but not in China. I do know that there are some Roman Catholics in China, but the place of the Church in China remains a difficult one. I do feel, although most of us can do so little about this issue, that we could uphold the people of China in your prayers, especially the young, who are searching for an answer in their lives. Can we pray that the Holy Spirit uses you or me in our dealings with Chinese people, that by our Mission of Encouragement and Exemple we may bring people to Jesus Christ.
The Bible reminds us time and time again that there is a large Harvest, but yet the labourers are few, again this is very much food for thought.
I have written a short word for this Sunday, which is the second Sunday after the Epiphany and if you are interested in reading it then please click on this link.
May I wish you and all those you love and pray for a most refreshing weekend.
Yours in XC
Ed Bakker

No comments: