Monday, April 02, 2007

Monday in Holy Week




Friends in Christ,

play the hymn



Yesterday, Palm Sunday was one of these days in my life when a number of things went badly wrong and where some things that happened were ok. I had some troubles with a personal relationship with a friend and some troubles with a customer, who I deal with in the webdesign business. I felt a bit down, had to pray about it for God to lift me up.



I realize that I fail so many times in the course of my life, I just read the Collect for this day :" Grant, we beseech Thee, O God almighty, that we, who fail in the midst of trials by reason of our weakness, may be assisted thrrough the merits of the Passion of Thine only-begotten Son Jesus Christ. I think that the Collect was definately written for me. If I think about what Jesus did for me, I have absolutely no reason to feel the way I did yesterday. The suffering of Jesus is very much highlighted in the Epistle for the day, which comes from Isaias 50:5-10. Jesus never turned away, when they reviled Him and spat on Him. Jesus went through the dark places without a glimmer of light. He trusted in the name of God, His Father and He leant upon God.


If you relate to this short reflection, and I am sure that on some days you can, may you find these words uplifting and may God bless you and strenghten you.



With every good wish in Christ,



Ed Bakker - Postulant TAC








No comments: