Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Second Sunday after Easter, 30 April 2006


A reflection on Good Shepherd Sunday. If you have been to Holy Mass today, you would have heard the Gospel Story about Jesus, being the good Shepherd of the sheep.It is a well known story, which I recall having heard many times during the days of my childhood. I am typing this reflection on a cold dark Sunday night in country New Zealand and I do want to ask you:"Are you one of Jesus' s flock? Or have you wondered away from his flock, like it does happen to so many of us in the course of our lives.I have some very good news for you this evening, you are ALWAYS welcome to return and the Great Shepherd of the sheep has not given up on you. Have a read of Psalm 23, The Lord is my Shepherd, which contain sound comforting words. For the music and the words you can also go to A Hymn for the day. Make a move and reconnect with Jesus Christ and his people, then Goodness and Mercy shall follow you all the days of your life. We are looking towards the new working week, may you have a Blessed week.

Ed Bakker........

No comments: