Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Feria

Friends in Christ,

Stand up , and bless the Lord,
Ye people of his choice;
Stand up, and bless the Lord your God
With heart and soul and voice.
James Montgomery 1771-1854
This is in fact the first verse of Hymn 452 in the New English Hymnal, which I use all the time. Does this verse speak to you at all? It does boost my spirit and fills me with enthousiasm about my Catholic Faith and helps me to start yet another day God has given me.
I am not sure to how many people around the world would read this short meditation for this Wednesday. But... do you share in my thoughts? When you arise in the morning and face a new day, do you feel that you want to sing out loud and perhaps in particular this verse I quoted?
If you dont feel this way this morning and you are burdened down by the turmoils of this world, take a moment to sit down and pray and ask for God's Holy Spirit to touch you and fill you anew with the Vision of His Glory. Believe you me... your day will be different.
May God bless you all on this Wednesday in all you undertake.
In Christ Jesus , our Lord,

No comments: