Friday, August 18, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,
On the last day of the working week, I would you to turn to Blessed Saint Peter's first letter, chapter 1, verse 6
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you indue time.
Sometimes you find yourself in a situation when you have done something , which does not need a sincere apology from yourself to the person, who have hurt. It happens so easily in our daily life and as I touched on it being the last day of the working week, then you will agree with me that these situations also happen in the work place. Swollowing your pride there is even more difficult. Would you not agree with me that sometimes you are filled with despair, because you have to to do this without pride and humble yourself and you will find this hard to do. Having had a long career in Banking I found myself also in conflict with my Senior Manager and had to swollow my pride and become more humble.

There are people you meet in this life, who teach you to be humble by the exemple they set. i.e. by the humble lives they live. Take Mother Theresa, a perfect exemple The late Pope John Paul the 2nd was also a very humble man. One of my former Parish Priests was also a humble man.
By there is one special person we can approach without pride and before Whom we can humble ourselves without despair. That is our Lord Jesus Christ. If we do struggle with this problem of being humble, He would be our ultimate exemple and we could pray this evening, that He teaches us to be His humble servants here on earth.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a refreshing weekend,
Yours in Christ,





No comments: