Friday, August 25, 2006

For the Eleventh Sunday after Trinity , 27 August 2006

( picture of the Anglican Church of St.John & St.Philip, The Hague, Holland )

Friends in Christ,

My long journey of being reborn again began in this Church in the eartly sixties, well before moving to this part of the world. My friends in the Finnish Orthodox Church told me that this journey of being reborn again in Jesus Christ can taken a life time and yes I agree, day by day, year by year we grow in grace and our relationship with Jesus Christ because much more closer. No matter how long it takes.. the need to being reborn remains and this is a message, which I preach as a Postulant in the Church of God and God willing as a Priest in the Church of God one day. I was very much moved by the words of the Epistle for this forthcoming Sunday , which come from Blessed Saint Paul's letter to the Corinthians ( 1 Cor 15 :1 ) Blessed Saint Paul had a long journey of Faith, which was marked intially by persecuting Christians, but then acknowledging that he, himself was the least of the Apostles. The following of his words really strike me :" But by the Grace of God, I am what I am , and His Grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain. This is how I want to live my life and by God's Grace I have come such a long way, not through my own works, but through the Grace of God. As part of my training as a Postulant, I am preaching at the 9.30am Mass at St.Hilda and St.Sebastian's Anglican Catholic Church (TAC) in Auckland this Sunday, the link to this Church can be found on our website , if you are in the Auckland area, I would love to see you there. Finally make I take this opportunity to wish you and all those you love and pray for a blessed weekend.

Ed Bakker

Postulant TAC New Zealand


No comments: