Saturday, October 07, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,
The Call to the Priesthood
In the course of my long life as an Anglican Christian I have had this call a few times. I have been accepted a few times as an ordinationation candidate as well, but family circumstances over the years have always prevented me to take it any further. Now in the past few years I have been a postulant in two continuing Anglican Churches, and it has given me nothing but stress and strife. ( Mind you not in two Churches at the same time!). I wonder why this is? Am I dealing with a lesser calibre of Clergy or is it just me who has changed. Are we , in this continuing Churches too set in our ways and pre-occupied with Tradition? I am not too sure at the moment.
Now is a good time to sit back and reflect and pray regarding this call. When can I say:"Here I am Lord, take me" and know that finally I am on the right track?
Have a blessed weekend.
Ed Bakker

No comments: