Thursday, October 12, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,
Greetings on this Thursday Evening.... let us ponder for a moment on Psalm 100 verse 4 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful until Him and bless His Name"
Within a Church family, we can sometimes be such an unhappy people, I confess that I can be guilty of this myself, we complain about the lenght of the sermon and / or the preacher, we dont like any changes and sometimes if we have a bad week, we almost blame God for it. I recall a Parishioner from St.Luke's Anglican Church here in Christchurch, who had been a vestry member and been deeply involved in Church life most of her life, then she became ill and she blamed God. Can we focus on : " God is glorified, not by our groans, but by our thanksgivings:and all good thought and good action claim a natural alliance with good cheer.
Something to pray about I think.
With every good wish in XC
Ed Bakker

No comments: