Saturday, October 21, 2006

Feria


Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed in pure water'" - Blessed Saint Paul's letter to the Hebrews, chapter 10, verse 22

You and I , well we have all have a conscience, dont we? Probably a subject we dont discuss very much, not a topic about which we do hear a great many sermons about. And yet our conscience is something which plays a major part in our lives, as it does control our sense to which is good and which is bad. I was visiting a Roman Catholic School a few days ago to discuss doing a website for them, and the staff asked me why I had left the Anglican Church and joined a Continuing Anglican Church. My answer was :" My conscience did not allow me to continue to worship in the Anglican Church". This does relate to liberalism, heresay, false doctrine, etc etc. Another exemple is when we see some-one in our community who needs help and we say:" My conscience did not allow me to do nothing, I had to go over and volunteer my services.
We are shaking in our chairs when watching television and faced with horrific crime stories and we might comment:" How could that person's conscience have allowed him or her to commit this crime"?
I think that we should pray for God to grant us a tender conscience, which is an inestimable blessing: that is, a conscience not only quick to discern what is evil, but instantly to shun it.
Lord, in Thy Mercy, hear our Prayer.
A blessed Sunday everyone,

No comments: