Monday, November 27, 2006

Feria


Friends in Christ,

Christian greetings from " down under " .

One of the Psalms set for this mornings office was Psalm 171 Levari oculus
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills: from when cometh my help?
My help cometh even from the Lord, who hath made Heaven and Earth.
A well known Psalm, which is especially recommended to read when one is in trouble. That seems to be quite often in the turmoil of this world. When I was younger , I often recommended Psalm 121 to my mother, when she was lonely and opressed , especially after my father died. In November 1995 I travelled overseas to her funeral and it was that Psalm once again, which was being read at her and at my request. It is a comforting Psalm indeed and at times when I found myself in difficulties and I lay in bed worrying, I just said the first two verses aloud... and yes peace came over me... perfect peace. Whereever you are, when reading this short meditation, may it be of comfort to you, open your Prayerbook often and read this Psalm.
When the fever of life is over and our work is done, and we are praying for safe deliverance and a Holy Rest, the last verse of this Psalm rings through again:
The Lord shall preserve thy going out, and they coming in, from this time forth for evermore.
In XC
Ed Bakker
Postulant - TAC New Zealand

No comments: