Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feria


Friends in Christ,
The Traditional Anglican Communion rejoyced last week with the visit of our Bishop David Chislett to Oxford, in the South Island of New Zealand and also to Auckland, which is our biggest city on the North Island of New Zealand. The Oxford visit was Mission and we marked a historical occassion by having a Mass at local level. There is one thing that I am quite sure about and that was the presence of the Holy Spirit. Slowly , but surely we shall build a community of Traditional Anglicans in the South Island of New Zealand. So my friends, if you read this and you are searching for Christ in your life and you want to be part of this community of Orthodox, but Evangelical Christians, please contact me. Details on my website. Bishop David also conducted a confirmation service in our Parish of St.Hilda and St.Sebastian in Auckland. Again the Holy Spirit was present and we received two new members into the flock of Christ. Details of our Auckland Parish are also on the same website, just follow the links.
I recall my own confirmation at St.Paul's Cathedral, Wellington many years ago, the late Bishop Henry Baines, Bishop of Wellington confirmed me. On my confirmation certificate it has written:" He that endureth, shall be saved." Indeed the Christian Pilgrimage is far from easy, but let's join in the wonderful hymn: " O Jesus, I have promised to serve you to the end."
With every good wish in Christ,
Ed Bakker - Postulant TAC New Zealand

No comments: