Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sexagesima Sunay

Friends in Christ,
I have written a meditation on this Sunday, which you can read by clicking on this link. I just want to spend a few minutes reflecting on this day and then focussing on the week ahead.
During Mass this morning, a gentleman from the Churches Evangelization committee talked us about the Missions they will be conducting in Parishes , where they will visit people in their homes and to see where they spiritually are, to pray with them and to conduct seminars in the Parishes. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me, because a Parish Priest can only do so much work and there is a lot that we as Parishioners can do in the service of the Church and the Lord.

I like to pray for the forthcoming visit of our Bishop +David, who will celebrate Mass at my home.That we may let our light so shine , that others may come from the darkness into that Great Light. Let's pray for a blessing on our daily tasks, my work at home and yours perhaps in the cities of our nation. May we really have a blessed week.

In XC

Ed Bakker


No comments: