Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Saint Romuald, Abbott


Friends in Christ,
Having shared the lives of two Saints during the past few days, this evening I would like to quote briefly from Psalm 31:23 " O love the Lord , all ye His Saints.
My daughter and I, some years ago, visited the city of Miami and the ancient Spanish Monastry of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux, which is also home to an Episcopal Church. We went to the Eucharist there on one Sunday and were made very welcome by Priest and People. And it is from Saint Bernard of Clairvaux I wanted to quote come comments in relation to the verse of the Psalm:
" You wish to hear from me why and how God is to be loved ? My answer is: the reason for loving God is God Himself, and the measure in which we should love Him is to love Him without measure. "
The Peace of the Lord be always with you.
Yours in Christ,
Ed Bakker
Postulant - TAC New Zealand

No comments: