Monday, September 04, 2006

Feria

Friends in Christ,

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strenght, and honour, and glory, and blessing. ( Revelations 5:12)

Amazing words from Revelations in relation to the worthiness of the Lamb of God. Such power, such wisdom, strenght, glory and blessing. We are, as Catholic Christians aware of the Love of God for us, but admist the turmoil of this world, we get side tracked and we get muddled up in our thoughts and cares of earthly things. We almost get seperated from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus. Last Sunday I fully experienced the love of God at Mass and then again when invited by a couple of Parishioners to spend morning tea with them. Then in the afternoon went into country New Zealand and enjoyed the scenery - still that love, that peace travelled with me. Comes money Morning and some-one, who I deal with in business really upsets me, all of a sudden I feel this emptiness. Focussing this evening on the words from Revelation make me realize and... thanks be to God... that because I have , and offcourse we have the Lamb of God as our Almighty Shepherd and our faithful keeper does indeed make it possible for the thoughts and cares of earth not to prevail and seperate us from His love.

I pray this evening, that these words may not only comfort me , but all those, who read this short meditation at the beginning of this week.

May God bless us all in our endeavours.

Yours in Christ,

Ed Bakker



No comments: