Saturday, September 30, 2006

Saint Jerome, Biblical Scholar 420


Friends in Christ,
I am writing this on a Saturday evening from New Zealand and for me compared to many nations the week is well and truly over. How has your week been ? Mine could have been better as I was down with a good dose of bronchitis. Trying to get a doctor's appointment last Monday proved difficult and it does make me realise to how vulnerable one can get. As the only member family driving the car it also made other things quite difficult. I was thinking of " Meals on wheels", but we dont have this in this little country town of Oxford in New Zealand. I made another visit to the doctor last Friday, obtained more anti-biotics and thanks be to God today I have been up and about and on the pc. Here I do my work as a webdesigner and I also use it for my studies as a Postulant in the Traditional Anglican Church. I paused a while and realised how blessed I am in many ways, but blessings can only flow if we offer our lives to God:
"First give thyself to God: then to the work God gives thee to do" ( Saint Augustine )
"Take my life and let it be
Consecrated ,Lord to Thee.

Take my moments and my days
Let them pass in endless praise.

Take my eyes and let them see
Souls that may be saved for Thee.

Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my fee and let them be
Bent on works of love for Thee.
Take my voice and let me sing
Prayers and praises to my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Thus my life will truly be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee"
"We offer and present unto Thee O Lord, ourselves, our souls and bodies, to be a reasonable, Holy and Living Sacrifice unto Thee."
I pray that you , just as me, may be truly inspired by St.Augustine's words and the words of the hymn.
Pray for me as I continue my journey as a Postulant in the Church of God.
Yours in Christ,
Ed Bakker

No comments: